Use this calculator to …
Convert fertilizer recommendations between
pounds per acre and pounds per square feet.
kilograms per hectare and kilograms per square meters.
List alternative recommendations when fertilizer grades are not available.
Get recommendations based on the specific area to be fertilized.
Calculate fertilizer costs.
Metric Fertilizer Calculator
R. Hitchcock and D. E. Kissel
The University of Georgia Fertilizer Calculator was developed to assist users whose fertilizer needs require adjustment from the standard soil test recommendation due to a change in units, availability of fertilizer products, and/or a difference in land size.
The calculator ranks various fertilizer combinations, with the best getting the highest score.
You can use it to:
- Calculate the weight of fertilizer materials to supply the amounts of N, P2O5, and K2O recommended by a soil test report.
- Select recommendations in pounds per acre that are typical of agronomic crop recommendations or in pounds per 1000 square feet that are typical of homeowners reports such as for a home lawn.
Select recommendations in kilograms per hectare that are typical of agronomic crop recommendations or in kilograms per square meters that are typical of homeowners reports such as for a home lawn.
- Select fertilizer grades different from those given in the recommendation. This is useful when the fertilizer grades in the test report are not available locally.
- Calculate the area of a garden or lawn given the dimensions and shape of the area to be fertilized.
- Calculate fertilizer costs.